Thursday, June 28, 2018

41

Life happened and I didn't post about my birthday, Mother's Day, the end of the school year or the time that I found a set of brand new Wizard of Oz Itty Bitty's at the Goodwill Outlet for $2 and then sold on eBay for $65. 
I turned 41 in April and as birthdays go, this one was uncelebrated and low key which is very unlike me. Ordinarily I like to announce my birthday at least two months in advance to give people a sufficient amount of time to prepare and save. Before it came around however, I quit all social media which was my main source of advertising myself.
My birthday fell on a Sunday so before church, Jason let me have Starbucks. 

After service we went to Cheddar's. Usually I eat the cheddar cheese fries as my main meal, but Jason said I could order it as an appetizer and order a main meal as well! this is like telling a pig It can have the slop AND the stuff the goat's are having!
It was during this time that Jason gave me my birthday present. He gave me my birthday card which had nothing in it, and there was no bag and no wrapped present. This meant there would most likely be a discussion about how we would share custody of the kids after the divorce. Then he started to panic and began asking me if my phone was working. Several minutes went by and I received this text:
An iPhone 8 for my birthday present! Oh how the pointless and random pictures I take for my blog would be so much prettier!
Also. Google celebrated. 
Ever since some moron decided that my birthday should be shared with the earth, I receive challenges from my Apple Watch rather than a "Happy Birthday Joy" message. The message wasn't nearly as blurry on my watch though. Apple Watch makes me exercise on my birthday! They're a bunch of outlaws if you ask me.
I retaliated with homemade rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate. 
That's about all I've got to say about my birthday. Then Mother's Day rolled around. I don't think my kids really acknowledge the day so much without their dad telling them "here give this card to your mom" but I still require them to have their picture taken with me so that they can remember that I was their mother some day.
But Dawson wrote me a sweet note:
 
 And Evan drew me a picture in which he depicted me at my perfect weight, so I was feeling pretty great about the world in general.
We also went out to eat somewhere that I can't remember now which tells me I should have made a different restaurant choice.
I received a gift card to get a pedicure. Here it is the end of June and my toes are still hanging onto the remnants of that pedicure because that's how lazy I am everybody.

In the midst of all of this, we were in the process of redoing our kitchen. We are actually super duper close to finishing up that little project and of course I'll a do a blog post about the big reveal. So don't go binge watch anything on Netflix and miss it.
♥,
Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found your blog accidently thru pinterest and so I'm catching up! Your boys are just wonderful, I love the placement of the earring in your left ear in the first picture, and how can you afford to take the whole family to starbucks and still go out to lunch, lol!!