Friday, November 21, 2008

Spell Smiling

That is the number one hit this blog gets when I check my site meter. There are lots of people out there who don't know how to spell smiling. That makes me sad. Because apparently they don't use spell checker or know that I wrote a very important letter to spell checker once.

Dawson decided he is old enough to take on more responsibilities in our home.
With laundry for instance.
I'm not sure I would define this as responsibility.
He then decided to do this, instead:

I can't even begin to explain how excited and hungry I am for Thanksgiving.
This year I've decided to make everything I'm taking ahead of time, eat as much as I can as soon as it's ready, and freeze the rest leftovers to take with me to my sister's house for the big day. But Jason didn't feel that would be a good idea, unless he gets to partake in the festivities before they're frozen. But that's on the down-lo, because my sister reads this blog and she'd kill me if she ever found out.
I'm taking a pecan pie we bought from the boy scouts, dump cake (which is dirt cheap, easy to make and oh so yummy) with vanilla ice cream, and I'm trying my hand at green bean casserole. Is it possible to ruin green bean casserole? Because if so, I hope one of my other sisters brings their own for a backup.
I'm dying to know what all of you are eating for Thanksgiving. Please do share in the comments section. Oh, and be sure to Fed-Ex a sample of each item to me by Thanksgiving Day.
I'm also wanting to hear Thanksgiving Day traditions, if you feel so inclined.
What am I going to have for lunch today?
All this talk about food makes me hungry for a WHOPPER.
I ask to have mine made with 0 calories so I'm all good.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanksgiving... Mmmmm! I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year. My parents don't DO Thanksgiving, so I get together with the rest of the Siblings and I do Thanksgivin'! I am making a turkey (of course!), corn casserole (delightful!), pumpkin dinner rolls, stuffing, relish tray (consisting of LOTS of black olives, a family fav, & pickles), lots of Cheese (another fam fav) & crackers, I think I am going to attempa green bean casserole too ( I have never made it either!). Plus lots and LOTS of FAT FILLED DESSERTS! Yes, we are going all out and doing the kinds FILLED with FAT! It really is better tasting.

Anonymous said...

Love your new Christmasey header! (Look for that word i Spell Check!)

Jodi said...

Mmm...you're making me hungry too! I have no idea what I'm eating on Thanksgiving, but I know it will be yummy :) Thanks for commenting on my lbog. I love comments, just like you!

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Is Dawson headed for prison, is what I want to know. He seems to love to stick himself into small cages with bars!!! (remember the dog cage?) Either that or he's going to be a landlord: evicting things from the premise so he can take up residence.

Anyway...mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole (can't mess it up as far as I know!!) and home made stuffing. Everything but the turkey, I guess! I'm thinking about a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

Daisy Path said...

just go to pioneer woman cooks blog! i think we maybe we should just hop in the car and drive out west to her place for thanksgiving. i'm sure she wouldn't mind. we have adorable kids so that's our ticket for getting in! love you and miss you!