Monday, April 11, 2016

This Little Light of Mine

I'm not biased. I really do have the funniest kids. 
Yesterday in the car on the way to The Arc (a local thrift shop very similar to Goodwill) Dawson and Evan were playing a game. 
I feel an indescribable need to interrupt myself to tell you why we had to go to The Arc. It wasn't for me to find a new used dress for Easter or to stalk the religion book section to find new used books that people have discarded that are invaluable like the 2 Beth Moore bible studies I scored for $3 each a couple of weeks ago (neither had been written in!) Oh no. We were going there to find a pair of white tights for Dawson to wear. This is because I wouldn't allow his stinky feet to get near my white boot socks. He has to dress up for Patriot Day for school next week. I need to know: Where did men find their white tights back then? Or did they just borrow some from their wives?

Anyway, back to the game. Once I began eaves dropping I could hear:

Dawson: Listen, I'm a "physi-ky-rist" (spelled the way he pronounced it) and you need a shape expert"
Evan: But my shapes are MISSING! (he is holding up his Etch-A-Sketch to display the screen to Dawson).
Dawson: Yes, I know. And that's why you need a shape expert. I will give you the name of a guy that you can go to for help. 
Evan: OK.
Dawson: What other problems do you have?
Evan: Baby Jones' locker has stinky socks in it.
Dawson: Evan, you mean DAVY JONES! His locker has stinky socks in it?
Evan: YES!
Me: Evan where did you learn about Davy Jones' locker?
Evan: Ugh! SpongeBob!

And... somewhere around there we arrived at our destination. But it's at this point that I'd like to mention that it's because of Spongebob that Evan exclaims "darn it sauce!" when he's upset about something. I came to realize that it's a case of misunderstanding as Spongebob actually says "Tarter Sauce" when he gets upset about something. But I don't correct Evan because I think darn it sauce is funnier.
In addition to these little quirks, Evan also says "nimma nims" for m&m's, he tells you he wants to "aks you a question" and he plays I Spy incorrectly. This is how he plays:
"I little spy with something"... proceeded by his color choice. Then he continues to call out names of objects in his direct line of sight while you say "yes" or "no" for as long as you want him to keep guessing. I've tried explaining several times that he isn't playing correctly but he will have none of that nonsense.  
This is what I'm dealing with peeps:

Now I have to share the awesomeness of Ephesians 2. There's something about the Message Bible that breathes new life into scripture that I've read numerous times. I love the wording that I emphasized in purple italics

Ephesians 2 
1-6 It wasn’t so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It’s a wonder God didn’t lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.

I actually don't have anything else to say about those verses. Nor did I ever figure out how to incorporate it into the title of this blog post. 
Oh well.

No comments: