Friday, February 23, 2007

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!

It's the long awaited for post! Dawson's 1st birthday party!
Oh man, what a day.
When we gave Dawson his cake, I have to admit, I had high expectations. I expected him to dig right in with both hands and start shoving the chocolate into his mouth but he decided not to work that way. He actually just started picking the confetti off the top of the cake and eating that instead. So I got impatient and took his hand and showed him that it was okay to dig right int. That's what good mom's do. He seemed to enjoy the rich chocolaty goodness.

I just couldn't wait to get the pictures of him with his cake smeared all over his face (by the way, he was NOT thrilled about the hat).

 I wanted to get real close so Dawson could see me. And he SAW me! I did not see that one coming.
  
Jason got me a chocolate fountain for Valentine's Day. So we brought that along for every to enjoy and since we did that, no one ate cake.
  
 Once the cake was being played with instead of eaten, we called it quits. Then off to the bathtub. He did get chocolate on his pants, so we changed him into pj's for opening gifts.
This was his birthday outfit. Cute ay?

No comments: