Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Visiting With Gramps

A while back we invited gramps and Inez over for dinner. We had steak, baked potatoes and green beans. Is there an “e” at the end of potatoes? I always get that confused with tomato. Yum.  Even Dawson had some of my steak. He’s just living high on the hog. Who ever made up such a saying? I don’t even like hog.
 After dinner I got Dawson ready for bed and let gramps read to him. Dawson is at the stage now though, that he wants to read you the story. Even though it doesn’t make sense. I have this book memorized. TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS, I LOVE TRUCKS!
 Of course I took video.
We had a great time gramps!
Speaking of video… we can check out DVDs from our library for free. I checked out Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightley starring as Pride and some guy I don’t know who was Prejudice (don’t worry, I don’t really think that’s their names). Now I’m on a real Jane Eyre kick. I want to rent every movie out there like this one. I know there’s Sense & Sensibility and Emma but that’s all I know of. Now that I’m on this kick and I want to see more and you have suggestions, leave a comment. I also love the scenery. It’s much like where I grew up in Wawaka, Indiana. Minus the rednecks. And beautiful green rolling hills. What are English rednecks called? I want to know.
This weekend is the Apple Festival. The weekend where I eat (in no particular order)
·         2 maple bun bars
·         1 shredded chicken sandwich
·         1 bowl of Methodist Church Beef n Noodles
·         Potato fries (if I can squeeze it in) Usually I can if I burp.

I love the apple festival. Why have I never gotten something containing an apple? This makes me hungry for Thanksgiving.
Joys blog reporting, Over and Out!

No comments: