Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The First of Many...

HERE I AM!
It's 10:15 p.m. "Mountain Time" as I'll be saying now to annoy everyone. And, in Indiana time, that makes it 12:15. Past midnight! What am I doing blogging???
We got into Colorado Springs around 4:p.m. today. I survived my first "all by myself" drive here in a thunderstorm on a crowded road called Academy that was flooded.
Yeah. I don't recommend that if you're a first timer.
I'm used to Indiana roads for heaven's sake.
We got the Uhaul unloaded in about 3 hours and believe it or not, we won't have to pay for a storage unit. Thank you good Lord.
And now because it took me 3 hours all by myself to unload the Uhaul it's time for me to go to bed. Just kidding honey! It was me, Jason, Greg and Steve who unloaded the Uhaul. But I'm still tired.
*I'm leaving you with the funniest story of the day*
I had to bring Dawson with me to the bathroom at a truck stop. So Dawson is squeezed into the bathroom stall with me and as I go about my business Dawson says
"Mommy, did you put your wiener down?"

4 comments:

Holly said...

too funny!! so glad you guys arrived safe and sound!!!

Aunt Diana said...

So glad you guys got there safe & sound. Now the fun begins! Relax for a few days before job hunting - you guys deserve it after all the hard work of moving across country. Too funny of a story about Dawson too!!!

Kevin Flick said...

oh my word!!!! that is hilarious. i am so glad that you guys made it safely. you have been in so many of my thoughts. i agree with your aunt diana...relax now for a bit! it's such a whirlwind when moving! take it easy...get a starbucks and then go on the hunt. will be praying for you guys!

Nita said...

I hope you get all settled in nicely and that you really just love it there just the way you hoped it would be!!
I miss you so much all ready!! Im going to start planning a vacation as soon as possible...
Love you and miss you !!