Thursday, October 15, 2009

Deliroius? Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the Delirious? farewell concert last night. In Colorado Springs. Where we LIVE! Do you know how incredibly awesome that makes us sound?
I am the biggest Delirious? fan ever. All day I was like a giddy school girl waiting to go to the concert. The concert was held at a church near us, and we took the youth with us. They got to see me in rare form.
Here we are, at the church ready to carpool to the concert:
The youth group has actually doubled in size since we started. Our first day we had 4. We're good ay?
When we got to the church where the concert was being held I was quite excited because the sanctuary itself is not that huge. I could probably go up on stage! It was first come first serve seating so we got as close as we could, which really was not that far away.
Here we are waiting for the concert to commence:
Alas, it was time for the concert to begin. This guy who was opening for Delirious? was not that great. So I sat in eager, giddy school girl anticipation.
And then...
THEY came onto the stage!
And I peed my pants.
Actually there were 3 things I noticed immediately:
#1. Martin Smith has beady eyes
#2. He is also a skinny punk.
#3. They were all wearing suits.
(this was going to be a classy deal indeed)
This is the best I could do in the way of pictures.
So I screamed and jumped and sang my lungs out all night long. Here is some illegal video I captured:
After about the first 3 songs I realized they could wear suits because they hardly moved. But then again, they didn't have much room. So if you are ever thinking of becoming famous, and singing on a very small stage.. you can sacrifice mobility for fashion. Just remember that I taught you that and pay me.
I'm sad to say farewell to one of my most favorite bands of all time. But I'm grateful that I got to see them in concert before they said good-bye.
One last thing I'd like to mention. There is something about seeing people like Delirious? in concert, or Beth Moore teaching her heart out, or Gene Edwards who is able to pen words on a page that makes me so happy for Jesus. Happy that he has people like these who truly enjoy Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Have you seen Dr. Dobson yet? He lives in your state so I just thought maybe...cousin deb.

♫♪Briana♪♫ said...

awwww!! i haven't been to a concert in forever!!! wait, i have also not commented on ur blog in forever either!!lol looks like u guys are having fun out in CO-but the west side market isn't too fun w/o ya'll....u're due for a visit!! :) :) :) haha

♫♪Briana♪♫ said...

oh hey!! so just to let you know, i commented on quite a few posts....and i left you some hints for a certain placee.....lol