Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Birthday Boy and His Morphibian

2/18/2012
Dawson Gregory Wilkins turned 6 years old!
Dawson begged to have a sleepover for his birthday this year. As a 38 week pregnant woman, I do not highly recommend that strategy. I will moderately recommend it with warnings. See me for individual details.
Saturday morning, we picked up Dawson's Tron cake from WalMart. Jason appeared a bit shocked at the size of the cake, however, he did want the cheapest cake so I was only mildly shocked that the cake could only serve 2 ½. It served its purpose.

We took Dawson and his buddy Johnathan bowling that afternoon. I’ll bet all of you are wondering if I bowled. I slid down the alley on my belly. NO. I did not bowl. But I did eat a large bowl of French fries and drank a pepsi. It was the best way to honor Dawson on his special day.
Dawson was only allowed to invite 2 boys for the sleepover. Johnathan and Bradley were his choices.
(I absolutely do not like this picture of me. I look as though I started off the party tired. You'd think after a large bowl of french fries and a pepsi my hair would have looked better.)
Then we ate pizza
and let him open his gifts.
After the gifts we had cake then Jason and I racked our brains trying to figure out what to do with the boys. We did much better figuring out what NOT to do.
1. No jumping on the bunk beds
2. No jumping from the bunk beds to the floor
3. No throwing toys ANYTHING over the balcony railing
4. No jumping on the furniture
5. No playing football in the house. No playing any games involving physical contact in the house.
6. No jumping off the stairs from the very top step.
I know! Let’s watch a movie! They actually played a court sanctioned game first, then they had a little dancing fun and then watched a movie. Then we sent them upstairs to Dawson’s room where Jason made them a tent.

and got them ready to wind down for the night. They actually slept, believe it or not.
They were up the very next morning at 6:30 a.m. on the dot. I made them breakfast and then nearly did not manage to stay sane until their parents came.
Now the part about the Morphibian so that I can end this 5 page novel of a post. Dawson’s aunt Nessa got Dawson a Morhphibian for his birthday. He loves the thing. It’s a remote control whatever that actually drives in water! Dawson drove the thing (remotely of course) all over the house and then I finally let him take a bath with it. I figured as long as he didn’t drive it over his wiener, I was not an unfit mother. I didn’t get any pictures of this but I drew one for you, so that you could have a visual. Only I didn’t draw Dawson in the bathtub, just the Morphibian.

You know, I need to keep this blog rated G. The other main reason to tell you about the Morphibian is because I read the user manual and I found typos. So I’m including those for your personal entertainment.



The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Joy, those little boys look so extremely well-mannered! Look at them standing at attention each time you took a photo. Then parade rest... Did you threaten to beat them at all??