Monday, February 6, 2012

Showering a Baby

I'm tired of maternity clothes. Nearly all of my pants are hand me downs, and I thought I had my pants on backward yesterday because I couldn't find the tag. Then I discovered there was a pocket on the front of the pants which was in the front on me. That was good news.
Okay enough of that.
We had the privelage of receiving not one, but two baby showers recently. One was thrown for me by my work, and the other was thrown by my friend Kelsey with the help of my mom-in-law and sis-in-law.
I actually don't like showers. For me. People stare at you. There are awkward pauses. I have no solutions to these problems other than to be medicated, which I don't condone.
Here are some pictures from my office shower:
They gave me this awesome gift basket packed full of stuff for my gift!
The lady who was in charge of my shower made these awesome cream filled cupcakes AND chocolate covered strawberries. Yum.
The following picture I am posting for one reason only. To show you how I really do feel about showers. I'm not sure what the woman taking pictures with my camera was thinking when she took this shot, but I'll be she was wondering "I wonder if she doesn't like awkward pauses?"
And now for the pictures of the baby shower at church. Where I was also unmedicated.
What are pictures of a shower worth, without a food table? Glorious cheese!
Just think. If it's a girl we'll have to do this all over again.
Time for presents:
Once again, it's the staring and pauses. Secretly, I'm not as excited as I look.
I think if I adjust my glasses, I won't be able to see people staring at me.

Really though, it was a great shower. And I'm grateful for all the time that was put into it, and all of the gifts people blessed us with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Joy, but events that include cream-filled cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, and sheetcakes cannot be ALL bad. Cheese is a bonus gift.

Kevin Flick said...

so fun!!!! you still crack me up in case you were wondering!!! :) oh and by the way...haven't you had that baby yet? ;) heehee!