Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Perfect Scam

This Morning I had the great privilege of receiving a scam email. This meant that all the turmoil I was feeling about not having a post for my blog came to a screeching halt.
-Without further adieu-
 
From: Num Xaab Vaaj [censored
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:08 AM
Subject: Please be of help!!Num Xaab Vaaj

 
Hope you are in good health.Could you please help me if you can?this has had to come in a hurry and it has left me in a devastating state. I traveled to Manilla Philippine for a Seminar,unfortunately for me all my money was stolen at the hotel where I lodged. The Embassy only cleared me of my traveling documents and ticketing since I came in on official purpose. I only need to clear the hotel bills before I can leave but of course they stopped billing me since the incident. I didn't bring my phones here and the hotel telephone lines were disconnected during the robbery, so I have access to only emails. Please i want you to send me $ 2,000 dollars so I can return home. As soon as I get home I would refund it immediately. Western Union seems to be the safest and quickest option for now. Please email me back so i can forward my information to you.

XF. Num Xaab Vaaj (Pastor Xang Vang)
Censored

__________________________________________________________________________________
From: Wilkins, Joy
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:08 AM
To: Num Xaab Vaaj
Subject: RE: Please be of help!!Num Xaab Vaaj

Dear Pastor Xang Vang,

What a horrible and tragic story! Thank you for asking about my health. Several times I have had bronchitis and I have to get a Zpac each time in order to cure it. One time I had tonsillitis AND an ingrown toenail -at the same time! Currently, I'm feeling rather healthy although I fear my sinuses might be acting up. Nothing that a little Constant Comment tea and honey doesn't help.

Before I can commit to helping you in any way, there are a few things I must know. What happened to the $2,000 I sent when this same thing happened to you while you were in England? I'm just curious. I guess you were able to get home. More importantly... what seminar were you attending? Was it good? What did you learn? What hotel are you staying at? I have heard that hotels in Manila have bed bugs, is this true? You should ask for a discount from the hotel.

Let’s discuss the issue of money. $2,000 seems a bit low! Are you absolutely sure that is all you need? I would think you would need at least $5,139.27. Don’t you want to bring home any souvenirs from your trip?  Certainly I can wire the money from a laundered account. Although, I do have a friend in the FBI that poses as a Western Union Worker to catch criminals.He will be able to ensure that you receive your money safely! Perhaps we should go that route instead. I’m ready to receive the information I need. In the meantime, do some sight seeing and enjoy the time you have in Manila.

Joy D. Wilkins
Church Services Assistant
Censored
 

1 comment:

Holly said...

I hope you actually sent your reply to him--would LOVE to see his face as he read it! :) you crack me up!