Friday, February 28, 2014

Another Birthday: The Saga Continues

We had Evan's birthday party at our house on Sunday- the day after Dawson's party.
I don't highly recommend having 2 parties back to back like that. Unless you are being paid.
Evan won't be getting parties at Brunswick Zone until he's 8. Unless he does a fund raiser. So he was stuck at home without even as much as a theme for his party. Until I was struck with a moment of genius 2 hours before the party was to commence. We bought him a Lightning McQueen car to ride around in our cul-de-sac so that became his theme. See:
And I didn't even have to pay for any of the theme related items because they came straight from Dawson's toybox. You might recognize the balloons.
Even though I had to use the confetti cake mix to make Evan's cupcakes I didn't let it get me down. I made half of them with raspberry filling and I made homemade butter cream icing to top them off. We shoved the icing in a plastic baggie and Jason frosted them and then I had him put sprinkles on because I'm talented like that. I should probably own my own bakery or something. Emphasis on the or something.
Aunt Nessa and Uncle Steve brought over more balloons and isn't this picture cute, with Mia and her arm around Evan?!
 When it was time for us to sing Happy Birthday and have Evan blow out his candles he started on the blowing a bit too early...
 If you look closely, you can see the smoke.
 So I asked Jason to light the candles again and quickly shove the cupcake in front of Evan again. He has to have a proper birthday.
 I was fearful he was only going to eat the sprinkles on top of the cupcake.
 So I shoved a whole cupcake in my mouth at once to set a good example of how to eat it.
 Then it was time to open presents. We put this one in front of him and smiled and gently tapped it with his finger. What the heck kind of kid does that? So I ripped a corner for him and he was fine.
 This is the Lightning McQueen car I was referring to. We charged it the night before so that he could ride it when he got it. Thankfully we got this picture of him showing he was happy with it when he first got it, because when he rides it outside, it's very serious business.

 I'm also thankful he was feeling better in time for his party because a 2 year old should be able to enjoy a cupcake without a space mask on.
Happy 2 Years Mr. Evan. We ♥ You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just so cute!! Very creative with your 'theme party'. I want a Robert Downey Jr. themed party for my 30th birthday, k? Preferably with him serenading me Happy Birthday in person.
-Kelsey