Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Friend in Need

This is my amazing friend Mindy. Emphasis on amazing so make sure you really enunciate the italics when you read the word. Mindy is one of my BFF's from college. No. I did not call everyone in college my BFF because I know you're thinking that. 
. Our friendship began at Bethel College.- In case you couldn't tell by the date time stamped on the photo above, or that I'm much younger looking and sporting the highlighted hair I used to cherish.
  Mindy has been through some tough times in her life. The photo you'll see below is not one of those times. It was the time she kidnapped me on my birthday and took me to Olive Garden for a surprise party.
We were roomies and did nearly everything together. Even when I had bangs.
 
 We've stayed so close over the years, even after we both graduated and moved on and I've blogged many of those occasions.
 Yes we went to pajama parties together with our hair in pigtails.
 
 I love her dearly.
 
 Mindy is my friend in need. 
Her husband Kevin, (who she met at Bethel) is in need of a kidney transplant, and due to many complications (which I'll share soon) they have to raise the money through fundraisers in order to pay for the transplant.
I'm happy to report that Kevin is not the one picking his nose in the this picture. He's the nerd with the headphones on holding the discman with a smiley face on it. Ha Ha Kevin! I just got away with calling you a nerd on my blog!
Here is a bit of their story, taken from the constant updates that Kevin and Mindy give on their FaceBook page dedicated to Kevin and his progress:
If you took the time to read that, you can see that they have been through a lot in order to get to the point where they realized they had to begin raising money. That's not even half of it.
My whole premise in composing this blog is to reach to anyone willing to give. If you have the time, please watch the video and then if you will please GIVE. I will leave a link at the bottom of this post that will take you to their website where you can donate.
If you don't feel comfortable with giving a donation through their page, please contact me. I will give you their address and you can send them money directly. Or you can send the money to me and I can promise you I will send them every penny. Even though I saw a Coach bag I really liked the other day. Well, send me the money for the Coach bag, and then send me more money for Kevin. That's a horrible joke! I'm totally kidding. I feel bad.
Really, feel free to contact me with any questions and I'll be happy to go to Mindy and Kevin for answers if I don't know the answer myself. Also, if you really have nothing to give, pray. Pray for my friends. Pray that God will give you money to send. Hey! That's pretty clever right there if I say so myself.
  
Mindy, if you get the time in your crazy schedule to read this post, I hope you know I love you and I pray for you and think of you often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this brought tears to my eyes. And to think that I wallow in my own piddly little problems.
I love you my sister...you are a good friend. I will pray for Mindy and her husband and I will give!