Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Creating with Joy

Aha! The number of uses with my name in them seem to be endless! 
P.S. It's nearly impossible to use my name as a curse word. So. 

I'm super excited about the changes I've recently made to the blog. Let's discuss them shall we?
First(ly?), I created a new header and discovered how to make the picture extend the full length of the page rather than being short and centered. If you are short and centered, please don't take anything that I just said negatively or personally. Buy one of those "I'm not short I'm fun-sized" shirts and wear it proudly.
 Initially, I created this one:
And Jason said it didn't look like my style. Then I sat and thought and thought... what is my style? For the record, I still don't know. So I might just sneak this one in as my new header the next time I have an inkling for change. What's an inkling anyway? It sounds like another word for a baby midget. 
    ink·ling
    ˈiNGkliNG/
    noun
    1. a slight knowledge or suspicion; a hint.
      "the records give us an inkling of how people saw the world"
Whew! I used it in context correctly. 
Secondly, I added a picture of me on the sidebar to the right. Yes, I can use the word sidebar and sound awesome. I only added my picture because I was browsing Kayla Aimee's blog and she has her picture on the right side of her blog page and I wanted to be cool like her, and even use her picture too. At the last second I decided to be cool like me. I'm not sure how long that picture will last there. Just leave me comments and tell me whether to keep it or scrap it. I always listen to the advice given on the internet.

Thirdly, I removed the FaceBook Follower gadget (and you thought I was awesome using the word "sidebar"!) and replaced it with an Email following gadget instead. This was mainly because the FaceBook icon showed 6 people following me, but I could never find out who they were. What if they were zombies?

Finally, I added the search bar at the top of the sidebar on the right. I'm super excited about this because it means that now you're able to search for keywords and all of my blog posts with those key words in them will pull up.  For instance, to ensure the search box worked, I typed in "Telluride" and KAPOW, all of my blog posts about Telluride or that I spoke about Telluride came up. I have labled as many posts as I can think of that are informational about cool places we have visited such as El Salvador, Indian Rocks Beach, Estes Park, Ouray, Crested Butte, Steamboat Springs, Durango, Indiana... okay I'm getting a hand cramp. 

And... that's all the creativity I've come up with for one day. However, I have some thoughts to share on some things I've been reading in my Bible. Be on the lookout. 
Or don't. Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new make-over! And your picture!
Looking forward to reading your deep insights from your Bible reading. No pressure or anything.