Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Another King

I haet tie-poes.
There. I thought if I got one massive typo out of my way, I'd be less prone to converge on several more in this post. Totally nailed the use of converge in that sentence. Probably.

A few weeks ago Jason and Dawson  went to the Rock & Worship Roadshow at the World Arena to volunteer for Compassion
And since they were being all good and spiritual, I took Evan to get Chinese food because I was hungry.
Look what I had in my fortune cookie:
At first I thought God was using this to reward me for being so awesome. Like the one time I had the idea to help my friend remove her tattoo by using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Actually, that didn't really happen. But I wondered if it was possible the other day when I was using one to clean the shower. 
Then, I realized it's not much of a blessing to inherit an unexpected sum of money if someone has to die off  so I can get it. Unless it's someone rich that I don't like, of course. Which makes me wonder if I'm related to royalty. Totally feasible since I have good hair. 
And this talk about royalty made me think about men who have been kings, which leads me to the discussion for today. Beautiful segue. 
I'm doing Beth Moore's bible study "To Live is Christ". Yesterday's reading included Acts 17:5-9, which talks about Paul and Silas convincing some Jews in the synagogue to be followers of Christ and this is what happened...
But other Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason’s house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd.[a] But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other believers before the city officials, shouting: “These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here, and Jason has welcomed them into his house. They are all defying Caesar’s decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus. When they heard this, the crowd and the city officials were thrown into turmoil. Then they made Jason and the others post bond and let them go.
For reasons I still can't figure out, that phrase "saying that there is another king, one called Jesus" flew off the page at me. Only it wasn't in blue italics. 
Little did they know or care while screaming it out in the chaos that Jesus isn't just another king. He's the King of Kings. I wonder if I'm the only one who's ever been disturbed that the rioters opted to use the word "another" as an adjective to describe Jesus.  Who does that? Hadn't they read Isaiah 9:6? Read Matthew 27:11, before you go throwing around adjectives about Jesus that's what I say. Because I read the bible.
After all, the Bible is God's blog. 
Sort of but not really.

No comments: