Saturday, April 23, 2016

Love Is Kind

Love never gives up. (Love is patient)
Love cares more for others than for self. (Love is kind)
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. 
Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, (it is not proud)
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
1st Corinthians 13
These beautiful ladies threw me my second ever surprise birthday party yesterday. By doing so, they displayed the kindness of love to me.
My first surprise birthday party was thrown for me in college by my roommate. She blindfolded me, 
then kidnapped me and took me to Olive Garden.
Yesterday the conspiring beauties really had me fooled. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even going to go inside the house for my party. I was going to sit in my friends car and wait on her to "go inside and shut the windows real quick because her husband would be mad if she left them open". But she plowed ahead of me which sort of left me feeling obligated to trail along behind her. Then when I got inside, the first person I saw was Evan's best buddy Sadie walking through the kitchen and everyone just sort of looked at me. And I looked back and them. 
So I said "Huh. Hi Sadie!" And then Heather suddenly had the wherewithal to say "Surprise" and everyone laughed.This is Heather. She's fun.
Stephanie bought me balloons
And Jacqui decorated her table while all of them brought goodies to eat
  We ate and then they sang Happy Birthday to me (you know, since the song is public domain now)
 Despite Jason's insistance that I love to be the center of attention,
 
 I'm really quite embarrassed to be the center of attention.
 Which ultimately leads to me talking incessantly about nothing in particular.
 The song mercifully ended and I blew out my candles while wishing to win a trip in a sweepstakes. I mean go big or go home. I can share here anyway because Carrie immediately guessed what I wished for.
In addition to all of this, they gave me gifts!! I was flabbergasted. 
I asked Stephanie to get a picture of me with my balloons and flowers.
Then me Stephanie and Jacqui took a selfie together.
 Then I asked Stephanie if she could give me a ride home after I grabbed my keys and headed for the door and Jacqui asked me "How do you plan to get home, since I brought you here?"
I had to think about that for a minute.
Stephanie offered. And it's a good thing because I would have drawn all kinds of attention walking home with my balloons and flowers on display.
So I squeezed myself into her car.
And she took me home.
 Best. Day. Ever.
 

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yay for surprises!!!
I'm so glad you felt so loved...that was the intent. You are loved...to the moon and back!
Jacqui

Beaver Mom Blogs said...

It was the best day ever! Thank you for letting us celebrate you! You are very special and loved dearly