Saturday, October 21, 2017

Walt Disney World Family Vacation: Caribbean Beach Resort & Disney Springs

I'm fairly certain I'm addicted to vacation. An intervention isn't necessary, thank you.
Day 2: Caribbean Beach Resort & Disney Springs
 We spent recovering from our long day at Magic Kingdom. I'm so glad we took this day to relax at the resort and then do some shopping at Disney Springs. 
Caribbean Beach Resort has a fun water park that is themed to look like a centuries old Spanish fort, complete with water slides!
The boys would have spent all day swimming if I hadn't begged to go shopping.
The grounds are well kept all except for the fact that they didn't annihilate all snakes or alligators. The world should be rid of such beasts says I! Zoom in on the sign. 
Lizards and turtles are fine in moderation.
You could see areas where construction was occurring but that didn't bother us. Evan knows every single piece of construction equipment by name and I'm hoping when he grows up he will be asked to do construction at Disney and secure us free theme park tickets.
For some reason this picture reminds me of an upscale retirement center.
 We stayed on a part of the island called Martinique.
As much as I love swimming and laying in the sun, I had my heart set on going to Disney Springs to buy a few souvenirs to take home. 
Disney Springs reminded me of a shopping center we have at home called Shops at Briargate which is basically for those who aren't celebrity status but think they are.
When we first got there, I spotted a Starbucks right away. Venti sized Starbucks drinks count as a snack credit! So I told the barista to let me have a selfie with her because I was excited to get a frappucino.
I told Dawson to take a picture of me with me frap and he did this
The first stop we had to make was at the Lego Store, because Dawson is a Lego fanatic. He feels about Legos the way I feel about melted Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, only I haven't created a YouTube channel sharing my enthusiasm.
As a matter of fact, he created a video about his Lego purchase at Disney Springs
 I forgot that I had another child who might want his picture taken in front of the Lego Store.
I took Evan and we walked around looking for a Lego Ninjao set that he wanted. Once he found it, he told me "You're the number one best loved mom". To which I agreed.
Dawson had saved up money and wanted to buy the Lego Ninjago Green Ninja Dragon set, but we told him he would have to wait until we got home to buy it because it was too large to fit in our luggage. Suddenly I spotted the Lego serpent that one of the staff members had created and put on display at the cashier register. The serpent was meant to be a replica of the actual huge Lego serpent that was in the lake located just outside the store.
Dawson asked if he could buy a bucket of pick-a-bricks instead and include the pieces for the Lego Serpent and we agreed that this was a good idea. I took a picture of the Lego serpent so that he could have it for reference when he got home to build it. Only I didn't bother checking the picture after I took it... and it's crap. The crappy serpent.
So he picked out bricks
After we spent a year and 6 months in the Lego store we were starving so we went to an Irish place called Cooke's for some fish 'n chips.
On our walk to the restaurant, I couldn't resist taking pictures of the river running through the area.
There a few Star Wars shops that we stopped in, which is when I decided I wanted to buy a Star Wars Alex and Ani bracelet. They are $40! Shock and awe. So I walked out of the Alex and Ani store and bought the bracelet I wanted off of eBay.
Then we went to the World of Disney store where I found a Star Wars shirt that I wanted.
Only it was too expensive so I left it there. Only to regret it later because I couldn't find the shirt anywhere else so we came back to Disney Springs at like 11 pm after our day at Hollywood Studios so that I could buy it. Because I'm not spoiled.
I made the boys take a selfie with me at some point during the Disney Springs trip.
And I then I rant out of pictures for this day. We shopped, we went back to the resort to swim and I searched for American Pickers on cable, we slept.
Peace Out.

No comments: