Sunday, October 22, 2017

Walt Disney World Family Vacation: Hollywood Studios

The boys and I were really looking forward to this theme park day because of Star Tours, the Star Wars experience at Disney. 
So we arrived early.
 I was in awe the moment I could see inside to the park. I'm a huge fan of nostalgia and every detail about this park is nostalgic. The buildings, the signs, the stuff. I couldn't think of another word.
 In our entire day at Magic Kingdom, we never saw any characters. I'm guessing this was because they were all inside of buildings since they would have melted inside their costumes outside and that would have caused a scene. But while in the entry line at Hollywood Studios we saw Donald Duck.
 Here's a picture of my shadow taking a picture of this old looking building because I was geeking out on the awesomeness of it all.
The first stop was Starbucks for my Venti drink.
 Dawson and Evan both got hot chocolates. I'm racking my brain trying to remember what I ordered.
 I can tell you one thing. It wasn't pumpkin spiced anything! Gag.
This is me squinting while I hold my whatever it was. Oh! I think it was a caramel macchiato with an extra shot of vanilla.
Look how cute the cups are! Starbucks should be paying me in free drinks for this advertising.
Our first fastpass was for Star Tours so we headed that direction.
Tons of kids were dressed up like Star Wars characters. I just had the boys wear Star Wars t-shirts because I suppose I'm lame.
Star Tours has a lot of  Star Wars memorabilia.
 And we got to meet "Baby 8" as Evan calls him,
Kylo Ren -who told Evan that the force of the dark side was strong in him- Jason and I had to agree,
And Chewbacca who was visibly upset that Dawson was wearing a shirt with Darth Vader on it.
 Our next FastPass (see how I wasn't lazy this time and capitalized it?) was for the Toy Story Mania ride.
The ride broke down while we were in line for it. So they walked us to another side of the building where there was another track where the ride was working so we were still able to get on, and gave us a free FastPass ticket that could be used for almost any ride in the park. This reminded me that the Pirates of the Caribbean ride wasn't working when we were at Magic Kingdom and I thought I should be able to tell this to a staff member and maybe cry a little, to earn another FastPass. But I didn't. I just stole the ticket from the lady standing in line behind us at the Toy Story Mania ride.
The boys saw Cruz Ramirez from Cars 3
 The highlight of this day was the StormTrooper march down Sunset Boulevard.
It got hot, and we had a while until our next FastPass for Tower of Terror so we found the Indiana Jones Stunt show.
We saw the opening scene, and then we noticed that the host of the show was stalling. It turned out that we had to come back to the show later because the set wasn't working correctly. The movable set wouldn't pull a part due to a technical glitch. So we came back and got to watch the entire show.
We had more time to spare so we opted to go get lunch at a pizza place. Dawson and I were standing in line next to a lady who told the guy taking the lunch orders "I have a tomato allergy". I stood there, incredulous. Um. You have a tomato allergy and you're choosing to eat at a pizza joint? EYE ROLL.
There was a 3D Muppet show next door so we saw that.
After this we still had more time to pass so we saw the Beauty and the Beast show. 
Evan got bored waiting for the show to start.
It was finally time for TOWER OF TERROR.
I've got to say. This might be my favorite Disney ride. Plus, the inside of the building is super cool.
 Evan was all business during the ride and I was certain he was terrified. 
But when it was over, he begged to go on it again.
As promised, we are to the part where I talk about the yummy treats we had.
The giant cookies count as a snack credit.
Evan got a cookie and Dawson got a blue slush, and they took turns fighting over who would share.
Um. Random selfie.
The real fight came at the end of the night when we went to see the final show called Fantasmic.
This show starts at night because there are fire works, so the Disney staff broke out the glowy things!
The boy in front of us started to beg for something that glows and the next thing you know, Evan is whining and demanding that he get something too.
The hats are $25 people! So I bought Evan a $5 light up fidget spinner at World of Disney in Disney Springs and we called it good. Next time: I'm buying glow bands at Dollar Tree and bringing them with us. Done.
The show would have been spectacular. But it was night time, and I was cold in my tank top so when I started getting sprayed with water by the effects from the show, I got a bit cranky. But the glow in the dark floats with princesses at the end gave me hope for a better tomorrow.
It was after we closed out Hollywood Studios that we decided to take the bus from there to Disney Springs to buy the Star Wars shirt I wanted and get dinner. It was very late and the boys weren't happy about it, but we did it anyway. I got my shirt, so I was happy.
Evan fell asleep on my lap on the crowded bus ride back to the resort.
Anyway...I'll probably have a summer home at Hollywood Studios someday. So.
Peace Out.

No comments: