Monday, April 23, 2007

happy birthday to me.

Captains Log
Stardate:
April 22, 19XX
The birth of Joy Dawn Depew. (that's me) And that makes me
30 YEARS OLD!
*big sigh.
Wasn't yesterday beautiful? I enjoyed a lovely birthday. Big cloudless sky, bright sun emitting warmth and a perfect amount of breeze.
Jason surprised me and we dropped Dawson off at my sister Karen's house for them to babysit. Dawson was in his element playing with his cousins and being outside. Then Jason and I headed to Jefferson Pointe to do some shopping and watch a movie. I haven't been to a movie since they started making them in color. After the movie we headed to Biaggi's where I ate more than the people at the 3 tables beside us and topped it off with some Krespy Kreme doughnuts. Then, we picked up Dawson and went home blissfully happy.
And full.
I love birthdays. I just don't like getting older.
Although I still FEEL 29. So it's all good.
Thank you all who called and left me messages.
Thank you Krispy Kreme for doughnuts, though I had to pay for them.
Thank you husband for my fun day!
Thank you God for... everything.
Even Dawson is happy!

No comments: