Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I had such a great Mother's Day!
Happy Motherhood to all my mommy friends.
This year, I made Jason take 1,000 pictures of me with Dawson on Mother's Day.
Would you like to know why?
While I was working on Dawson's scrapbook many months ago, I was ready to work on the MOMMY page. The page devoted to ME, Dawson's MOMMY! I happened to remember that I was a mommy on Mother's Day 2006.
So I searched and searched and we had NO PICTURES TO PROVE I WAS A MOMMY ON MY VERY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!
(notice the emphasis in all caps).
I don't know what we were thinking, because I remember that Jason's mom was here to visit and I know I got a mug with a picture of Dawson and I on it and a mouse pad with a picture of Dawson on it that says "I love you mommy!".
But no pictures of Dawson and I to commemorate that day signifying many hours of pain-free labor thanks to an epidural. Now I'm over it. No use dwelling on the past, right?
Anyway,
This past weekend Jason and I had a garage sale at my mom's house. That was my mother's day gift to her. Getting rid of all my junk. Just kidding. We did make some money though. Friday was a steady stream of garage salers out for a bargain. Saturday, we got no love. We even had drive-bys! They drive by slowly, scoping out the scene but turn around and drive away like we are garage sale lepers. What are these people doing, planting false hope into the minds of innocent garage sale tenders trying to make an easy buck? If they had just stopped, I could have talked them into a lovely candle holder, complete with candle! -on sale for only $1.00. Or how about a nice hand-me-down shirt for your wife?
Too bad for you!
Well...
And a happy Mother's Day to my mama and Jason's mama. We love you~

No comments: