Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What Happened?!

So,
 
The first part of this week, I was dropping off at daycare in the mornings on my way into work. Usually Jason is the one dropping him off at daycare, because Jason can go in a little bit later which means Dawson can sleep in.
 
WELL!
 
On all occasions prior to this one, I would walk into daycare and the moment I was inside, Dawson would turn into a cling-on. He'd hold on tight and the second he thought I was going to put him down the tears would flow. Oh the tears! I was understanding and tried to be comforting but I knew I had to get going or else I would be late to work... but in my heart I was thinking "yes! He loves me more than this wretched place!"
 
Now,
 
Monday, I stepped into the daycare with hesitation, as this was the first day in a while that I was the one responsible for dropping him off. Plus, we had a fun weekend together and I knew that would make it harder on him, meaning he'd be extra clingy to his mommy who he loves, adores and has so much fun with. Do you where this is leading? The little rascal jumped out of my arms and ran to the toys. Meaningless, unanimated, unloving, certainly incapable of tickling... toys!
 
HELLO!
 
For three days in a row he did that. I would drop him off and face rejection. No sad good-bye. No tears flowing, hearts breaking. And, I made it to work on time. Hmph. So each night I have come home to Jason whining that Dawson doesn't love me and I need to quit my job so he needs to find a job making millions so I can stay home and make Dawson love me again. And, on Monday and Tuesday night I put Dawson to bed and AFTER HE FELL ASLEEP, I went in and nabbed him and brought him to bed with me where he slept with his head on Jason and his foot on my face. (at least it's something).
 
Now Jason is able to take him to daycare again so things have been a little better. Jason doesn't want Dawson to scream and cry when he drops him off so he's happy as a poor man on pay day.
 
And to top it all off...
 
I've been bummed lately because after a year and half, I still have lost all of my baby weight. So I went to the library and checked out some books on weight loss/health and nutrition. I got 5 books and when I got home I laid them all out in front of me and decided to get down to the bottom of the whole weight loss thing. After consuming all this knowledge, this is what I came up with:
 
  1. Don't eat
  2. Exercise until you are sent to the hospital
  3. Weigh yourself once an hour, if you gained weight -did you eat something?
  4. Once you reach your goal weight, see you can fit both hands around your waist. If so, there is a small chance you can be a model in Europe
Back to Dawson. I love the stage he's in right now where he is repeating everything we say and do. Lucky for us, we don't ever do or say anything stupid. He is saying words like Go Go. He climbs on everything and stands up as thought falling won't hurt him.
 
And that's a day in the life of the Wilkins family

No comments: