Tuesday, April 22, 2008

JOY Comes In The Morning!

My favorite color is green. Yay.
Warning:
The beverage I'm consuming is from Starbucks, courtesy of my favorite sis-in-law Jenessa, (thanks sista!) and is loaded with sugar which may have an effect on the outcome of this post.
Because today is my birthday I thought I would share the story of my birth. Isn't that nice of me? Really, I think it's a great story, because it's a God story and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My mom became a Christian when she was pregnant with me. Because of this, she sought God on the name He would like for me to have. So-she went into labor and was in the hospital reading her Bible when God told her to read Psalm 30:5 which says: "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. My mom labored all through the night (hence the weeping part, I'm sure) and I was born at dawn on April 22, 1977. God told her I would be her joy. And I'm sure I was and still am. I mean when I was in high school, I only asked to borrow money like, once a week, instead of 3 times like most my friends did to their parents.
...
Mom had no middle name for me, so the doctor actually suggested Dawn as my middle name due to the time of day. So she did. And now I am Joy Dawn.
(photo courtesy of Aunt Diana and Uncle Jeff who saw the plate, thought of me and snapped the picture.)
Surely there is not another Joy Dawn in the world! How can that be???
And, to set the record straight, both dish soaps were named after ME! Though I've never gotten any royalties or patent money from anybody. Are you out there? Are you reading this? Because I could really use some of that $ to go shopping today!

I have only one picture of me taken on my actual birthday. (That I could find) and I'm really a cutie if I must say so myself.
Now a few pics of me from much smaller days...
That's my mom's handwriting at the bottom. Don't you just love Polaroid? And can I just point something out? To this day, I'm still called Joy Dawn by most extended family. Anytime they see me somewhere in the real world, it's always "Hey, there's Joy Dawn"!
That little chair I'm sitting on is actually a plant holder. Obviously I was having issues, thinking my butt is smaller that it really was.
Hey, I fit into this chair!
My sister Sherry posed me for this one. I think I look like a grape. Is anyone loving the retro wallpaper in our kitchen? I think it's making a comeback.
Me with my Grandma Gaurd. (my dad's mom). I wish I still had that easy bake oven. I'm hungry.
Now who dressed me like a little boy? I'd like to know. I showed this picture to Dawson thinking he'd say the picture was of him. I said "Dawson, who's this?" And he pointed at the guy holding me and said "Jesus". Now can any family member reading this post please clarify who that guy is? Because I don't know. Or was this the year Jesus came over?
Last but not least...
I'm wearing my favorite color! Green! Those color combinations look so great together. I'm pretty sure everyone can notice my buck teeth that I had from sucking my index finger right up until I was in kindergarten. When I looked closely, I could see that someone had attempted to paint my fingernails at one time. It may have come off the day I wrecked my brand new bike into the back of my dad's truck because I found some of his chewing tobacco and wanted to try some because I liked the smell. Except... I swallowed some. Then I got sick and crashed.

Ahhh. Happy Birthday to me. Yay.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! We're all glad that God made you! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad because I get to have Joy every morning!!! Happy Birthday honey...I love you!!! Oh yeah, good job on the new header! Pretty schnazzy! - hubs

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! Thank you for all the joy, laughter and fun you've brought into our lives. You definitely brighten up our world and we're so glad that you're part of our family! Have a GREAT birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oops - I forgot to say that's a really cool new header! See - I still think you'd be great at graphic design! The headers you just made Kelsey are beautiful. She already put one of the new ones up - check it out.

jenn said...

happy happy birthday! happy happy birthday! yea! and how exciting that i was added to your blog! it is like it is my birthday :). ha! love the background of your name. i figured it had to be as creative as you are!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful testimony of how your precious mom named you. I didn't know that. We just love our Joy Dawn and are so thankful to have you as a daugher-in-law.

I also loved all the cute pictures of you as a kid! Dawson resembles you in many ways.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Joy!!! I'm so glad your in the family, i love you!! Where would i be in this blogger world w/o you?!?haha. Cute pictures...when i look at them i can see (some of) Dawson in them, that's a good thing!ha. Love the new header too. I'm gonna try to make me some...let's see what i can come up w/! :)

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

I do believe that was Doug Feightner. He hit on every cousin and dated 3 of us, leaving each one in the lurch for the next in rapid succession. B. got suckered into making him a shirt and it looks like he was going to hit on you, next!!!!

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

I do believe that was Doug Feightner. He hit on every cousin and dated 3 of us, leaving each one in the lurch for the next in rapid succession. B. got suckered into making him a shirt and it looks like he was going to hit on you, next!!!!