Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Doppleganger

I have found my 7th grade doppleganger.


Finally.

I was going through old pictures, as you can see and busting up at how determined I was to have a perm all through my junior high years. What was I thinking? I never even owned a poodle. But my pearls, hunter green fake leather watch, faded denim jumper dress, and hot pink shirt really pull off the 80's homeless look I was going for I think.

And since I'm already on the role of breaking out the me pictures, what do you think of this little sweetheart?
This was taken during Christmas but I cant remember what year. Back when I had the big brown glasses, and not the big blue ones. The jogging suit I had on still fits me.

Next we have my favorite shirt I wore nearly everyday in elementary school. I called it my "t-t-t shirt". Anytime I couldn't find it I'd ask my mom: "Mom, have you seen my T-T-T shirt?" Because it has T's all over it, see?
This has to be one of my favorite elementary pictures because not too many kids are as cute as this when they are missing that very vital front tooth. I'm still missing that front tooth.

Surely you wouldn't think I'd leave you hanging and not post a senior year prom picture on here!
That's my friend Candy on the left, me in the middle and my friend Kelly on the right. And Kelly slow danced with my highschool crush and she is still my friend to this day. She did my hair for prom so I couldn't stay mad at her. I also had 2 guys ask me to prom, neither of which was my highschool crush. What good does that do?


And that's flashback to the 80's and 90's void of music which really would have made the post rock.

Ending with:
A few fun video clips after he first discovered his little car carrying case for the first time. He found it in his bedroom.

I'll leave you with my bible verse pick of the day. I like it becauses it uses the word stupid.

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

3 comments:

Angela said...

no wonder we get along so well. my pictures from back in the day can so rival yours--only i'm not going to publish mine. :)

ashley said...

i like, totally think you should bring back the big blue glasses. it's such a timeless look :)

♥Kelsey Kakes♥ said...

hahaha...I really liked your style back then:) if my friend ever slow danced with my crush, i think I would punch her in the face!! just kiddin;) nice pictures!!