Friday, February 6, 2009

I Lost My Title

Guess what.
I have in my possession the paperwork needed to prove that Dawson had his very first "Accident Free" day at daycare yesterday.
Someone please call Harvard. He will be applying there this afternoon.
He went potty in the big boy potty the whole day and to reward him they let him play with the big kids in the 3 year olds room. Whom they said he was immediately afraid of because they were being very LOUD.
In the midst of this potty training business, I had a new revelation on an old verse. Take a look at it with me:
"Train up a child in the way he should "GO" and when he is old he shall not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6
Aha.
You can also see by that papwork that Dawson ate all of his lunch, had cereal bars for his a.m. snack AND his classroom eats WHALES. A very mighty snack for such small people. He also had a "playful" day. Lucky for him, playful is the #1 requirement on a Harvard application.
I'm posting 2 very cute pictures from this past summer when we had the "Janke Family Reunion" in Ohio. (Jason's side of the family).
I think they play croquet at Harvard.
Owen is Dawson's cousin. Apparently Owen was sharing a brief moment of sympathy for Dawson, who was stuck in a pack-n-play while Owen got to be "on the outside". That's true brotherhood.
On Sunday Dawson got another haircut. His hair was beginning to look a bit soccer player shaggy, so we felt it was time. I thought ahead of the game and brought along a snack for him to enjoy and to keep him busy during the cutting process. The only problem was, the fruit snacks I gave him got filled with the hair that was being cut and he kept getting hair on his tongue the more he tried eating them. So I had to take a baby wipe and clean off his tongue for him and then throw the contaminated fruit snacks away. I also wanted to have something special for him to get so that he could be absolutely proud of himself for being so good while he got his hair cut. I packed him a sucker. (He NEVER gets suckers.)
Once he was finished I told him I had a surprise for him and told him several times WOW! You did a GREAT JOB! And after an ample amount of praise and adoration, I gave him his sucker which he found extremely wonderful.
Then we headed home.
On his way home, he was completely quiet while he enjoyed his sucker. The moment his sucker was done, he said "Mommy, I got a haircut. I did a great job. I got a sucker". And I said "Yes, that's right Dawson!
This whole week, he has told everyone who would listen:
"I got a haircut. I did a great job. I got a sucker."
So apparently my form of reward has done its deed...
Here he is before:
And After:
 
Yes, you can see by the television that we were watching the Superbowl. I'm making no comment about the stupid Steeler's.
And I'm not even sure what to say about this picture of Dawson playing with the cardboard center to the paper towel roll... but it's stinking cute.

2 comments:

Daisy Path said...

cute, cute, cute! do i get a sucker for doing a good job getting my hair cut? :)

♥Kelsey Kakes♥ said...

awww...haha, i like how he tells everyone how he got a sucker since he was good getting his haircut...too cute! will he expect one everytime now??lol