Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Concert in the Spring.

This is Dawson.
Dawson had to dress up in his Sunday best for his spring concert. Which was actually in the spring. I cannot be held accountable for the amount of time that passes between blog posts. Or for my addiction to Arial font. 
Dawson arrived in the gym and sat with his class. That's Dawson telling all of his surrounding buddies that he sees his mom dad and they're all frantically looking for us because Dawson told them how awesome and well dressed we are. That's his music teacher kneeling in the front giving them the pre-choral prep talk. "Now kids, remember, try to smile, and don't pick your nose."
 Dawson is very serious about his first song. So is the kid behind him picking her ear. Which, of course is fine because the teacher specified to avoid the picking of the nose, and didn't mention the ear.
Oh Look! There's Dawson. Waldo would be jealous of that hiding skill.
 Looks like this is the part where they actually begin to sing.
♪♫O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree♪♫
Dawson looks so small behind that mic stand.
 This is the part where their supposed to still be sucking their bottom lips but apparently only Dawson and the girl in the plaid dress in front of him got a part of the action.
 Yes Dawson. I can always find you with a camera lens. Even when some fuzzy head tries to photo block me. Not on my watch.
 I'll bet there will be some more singing eventually.
 Dawson was super excited that he got selected to play a musical instrument during one of the numbers. It reminds me of the time I didn't get selected to sing the solo "tomorrow" from Annie because someone else got it and I cried. But I did get a different solo for another concert because I have a picture of it and I have no clue what the solo was. I must have been great.
OH Look! He might be singing!
 Yep. That's my kid. The only one seeking out his parents while everyone else is paying attention. I guess he has a well dressed friend in the back row.
 This was the last song and the kids got to wear sunglasses. I'll bet you couldn't have figured that out.
 Hey little sock hop girl, face forward and sing.
 Hey super cool cat. I'm hip to your jive. Great concert buddy. Next year I'll be the mom that sneaks up to the risers and sticks the camera in your face so that we can hear you sing. You'll love it!

No comments: